Frequently Asked Questions
1. What food safety and preventative measures are you taking in regards to COVID-19?
Sigona's Home Deliveries is committed to the health and safety of our customers and employees.
We have a comprehensive and Certified HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) Plan in place, which includes GMPs (Good Manufacturing Processes) that guide our company in the case that an employee has any signs of illness or injury. In addition to these GMPs, we are also following preventative measures including, but not limited to the following:
- Employees who are able to work remotely are now sheltering in place.
- Employees working in the facility are practicing heightened preventative health and safety measures as recommended by the CDC and local health departments (frequent hand washing, wearing hairnets, smocks, gloves, and masks while packing, frequent disinfecting of workspace, etc.).
- Any employee exhibiting flu-like symptoms or a fever is sent home until the employee is free of fever and any other symptom for at least 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing or other symptom-altering medicines.
- We have increased the frequency of the cleaning and sanitization of our plant and increased the presence of hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes around production areas and offices.
- Delivery representatives are instructed to wash hands frequently and/or wear gloves and perform no-contact deliveries by leaving items at the front door unless otherwise instructed by the customer.
2. What's in the produce boxes, and how do you choose the menus?
Each week, we build menus that provide you with fruit and veggie staples, as well as rotating seasonal varieties to offer you a variety of flavors, nutrients and menu possibilities. We're produce experts that hand-select menus featuring the best fruit and vegetables each season has to offer, and ripen it to perfection for you.
3. How should I store my fruit and vegetables, and how long will they last?
Storage and shelf life can vary by variety, but in general, follow these tips:
Avocados: Can be stored in refrigerator or at room temperature. The shelf life for refrigerator storage is 2-4 days, while room temperature shelf life is 1-2 days.
Apples: Store in refrigerator. Shelf life is 5-10 days.
Berries: Store in refrigerator. Do not wash or trim until ready to eat. Shelf life for blackberries, raspberries and strawberries is 3-4 days. The shelf life for blueberries is 5-7 days.
Bananas: Store at room temperature. Shelf life is 2-5 days.
Citrus: Store in refrigerator. Shelf life is 8-12 days.
Pears: Store at room temperature. Shelf life is 2-5 days. Can be stored in the refrigerator for longer storage. Check the neck for a little give to test ripeness.
Asparagus: Trim ends and stand in a glass or jar with 1" of water. Keep refrigerated. Shelf life is 3-5 days.
Broccoli: Store loosely wrapped in crisper. Shelf life is 3-5 days.
Carrots: Remove tops, if attached, and store loosely wrapped in crisper. Shelf life is 5-7 days.
Garlic: Store at room temperature. Shelf life is 1-2 months.
Leafy greens (chard, lettuce, spinach, etc.): Store loosely wrapped in crisper. Shelf life is 3-5 days.
Onions: Store at room temperature. Shelf life is 8-12 days.
Potatoes: Store at room temperature. Shelf life is 8-12 days.
4. Can I get additional products from Sigona’s Farmers Market added to my Sigona’s Home delivery?
No, our home box delivery program is separate from our Sigona's Farmers Market operations. If you are interested in having Sigona's Farmers Market products delivered to your home, please order on Instacart, or place an order for curbside pickup.
5. Can I pick up or purchase these boxes from the Sigona’s Farmers Market stores?
No, our home box delivery program is separate from our Sigona's Farmers Market operations and packed at a separate facility. Our seasonal boxes are only available through local delivery from SigonasHome.com.
6. Can I make substitutions to the seasonal box?
We are unable to fulfill requests for substitutions in our seasonal boxes at this time. If you are interested in custom orders, please take advantage of our Sigona's Farmers Market deliveries via Instacart or place an order for curbside pickup.
7. What is the order deadline for delivery days?
Our order deadline is currently three days before the delivery (Sunday night for Wednesday and Tuesday night for Friday).
8. What days are you delivering?
We are currently making deliveries on Wednesdays and Fridays. However, this is a pilot program and we may increase the number of delivery days based on demand.
9. Where does Sigona’s Home deliver to?
At this time, we deliver to Millbrae, Hillsborough, Burlingame, San Mateo, Foster City, Belmont, San Carlos, Redwood Shores, Emerald Hills, Redwood City, Atherton, Menlo Park, Palo Alto, Los Altos, Mountain View, Sunnyvale, and Cupertino. If you are located in a city that is not part of our current delivery area, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may open up new delivery locations based on demand.
10. Will Sigona’s deliver to my home if I am not there?
Yes. By default, we will leave your order at your front door. If you have specific instructions for delivery, please leave them in the delivery instructions note found on the cart page while checking out.
11. Do you offer a subscription or recurring orders?
At this time, orders are for a single delivery. We hope to add subscription options in the near future.